This privacy notice is intended to provide users/ surfers with information about the processing of personal data pursuant to art. 13 of the Eu Regulation 2016/679.
Matera Basilicata 2019 Foundation, with registered office in Via Madonna delle Virtù, snc, CAP 75100 Matera, is the data processor of any personal data collected on the website www.matera-basilicata2019.it. This privacy notice only applies to this website. As for the other websites it is linked to and which belong to third parties, refer to the relevant sections. This notice also applies to all the services of the Foundation, that are provided through third parties, that have a direct link to this notice.
Types of Processed Data
Navigation data: computer systems, communication protocols and software involved in the website management need to acquire data about surfers/users. Such data are provided anonymously and are used by the data processor in order to control the services and the protocols in the website.
Such data may turn into identifying data when they are processed and associated to further information (i.e. IP address) held by third parties, whether requested or ordered by public authorities.
Personal Data: (i.e.: name, surname, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, tax identification code). Users do not have to provide any of these personal data when surfing the site. The provision of data is obligatory only if users want to access specific functions (newsletter, application as a volunteer) otherwise his/her request shall not be met.
Methods of Processing
Pursuant to the law in force, “Data processing” shall mean any operation, or set of operations, carried out with or without any automated process and applied to personal data or to a set of personal data such as: collection, recording, organization, keeping, investigation, elaboration, modification, selection, retrieval, utilization, comparison, interconnection, disclosure, blocking, erasure and destruction of data.
Data processing consists in recording, analysing, sharing with any possible involved subject and keeping. It is aimed at keeping contacts between parties upon:
- signing up to the newsletter to receive the information about Matera 2019, if authorized, even with selected messages.
- registering as a volunteer to set up a collaboration between the Foundation and the person involved.
- buying the Matera 2019 Passport to register and issue the Passaport that allows the holder to attend all the events, shows, performances and initiatives of Matera the European Capital of Culture for 2019.
- giving your special consent to direct marketing, in order to receive information on bookings, events and initiatives of Matera 2019.
- giving your special consent to indirect marketing allowing third companies, which are Matera 2019 Foundation partners, to send information concerning initiatives, commercial offers linked to the Matera 2019 activities and to the Passport.
- Projects, workshops open to the public and Foundation’s initiatives addressed to the citizens requiring registration and booking for organization purposes or for the achievement of the objective set forth.
If you have provided your e-mail address to receive the newsletter, you will be informed about activities, news, events and competitions organized by the data processor. You will never receive advertising by third parties. You can withdraw your consent to receive advertising anytime without motivating your choice. Data processing will be carried out with or without electronic devices (pc and tablet) in order to safeguard data security and privacy.
If you have provided your e-mail address to receive the newsletter of have consented to direct marketing you will be informed about activities, news, events and competitions organized by the data processor.
If you consent to indirect marketing, your data might be transferred to third companies that signed a Partnership with the data processor to promote initiatives, commercial offers and discounts granted to the holders of the Matera 2019 Passport.
If you have provided your personal data to book a workshop or to apply for calls, competitions or activities that the Foundation wants to implement or has implemented within its cultural programme or its institutional purposes, your data shall be processed only to allow you to take part in the relevant activities and shall not be used for any other activities, unless you have given your consent for further purposes.
You will never receive advertising by non-authorized third parties. You can withdraw your consent to receive advertising anytime without motivating your choice. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect previous data processing.
Data processing will be carried out with electronic devices (pc and tablet) in order to safeguard data security and privacy.
Moreover, your data may also be processed for the fulfillment of the mandatory obligations set out by laws, rules and European Union regulations as well as by public authorities and supervisory bodies .
Any material of the website, the electronic mails before and after their reception as well as the navigation data are kept on the servers of the Foundation at its own webmaster. The collected data shall be processed both on these servers and on IT devices located at the Foundation. The data collected on paper are kept only at the Foundation’s office.
Your data shall be retained as long as it is needed and anyway not later than 31st December 2022, which is the date when the Foundation will stop its activities. Then, data will be destroyed unless otherwise required by law (i.e. legal documents or decisions by authorities).
For no reason data will be transferred abroad.
Personal data of minors
Should the provided data refer to a person under the age of 14, pursuant to the art. 8 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 the consent to their processing must be given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility (natural or adoptive parent, guardian) and the Foundation may carry out proper checks and require appropriate consent to this end.
Withdrawal of Consent
You can withdraw consent to data processing anytime by writing to the Data Processor, also by e-mail. Data processing carried out before the withdrawal of consent will be valid and legitimate to all intents and purposes.
If you applied for being registered as a volunteer and you decide to withdraw consent, the Foundation will not have the possibility to benefit from your collaboration and has no liability in this regard.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter any time: in this case you will not receive any information about activities, news, events, public calls and notices organized by the Foundation. The withdrawal of consent will not affect any of your future requests or any collaboration previously set out between the parties.
This website uses “cookies” to identify users. Cookies are data transferred to the user’s computer and enable the user’s immediate identification as well the management of any necessary operation for either providing the requested services or improving the navigation on the site. Some cookies also monitor the users’ behavior in order to show them adverts and marketing advice.
Types of cookies on this site:
- Navigation Cookies: they are used to allow the user to navigate on the website. They are installed directly by the website and are necessary to use the existing services.
The user must be aware that the change or the deactivation of technical cookies may slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site and interrupt navigation.
- Analytical Cookies: they are used in an anonymous way (data are not shared with third parties) to analyze users’ navigation, to work out statistics as for the visits to the web sites, to check the duration of visits in the relevant sections as well as to monitor the users’ interaction with the contents of the website. The information provided by these cookies on the use of the website could be used to show advertising banners and advertisements during navigation without referring to the profile of each user.
By deactivating these cookies you will still use the services offered but you will prevent the possible improvement of the service.
Third-Party Plugins for the interaction with social devices are not used. The reference widgets set up on the site are links to the pages that do not memorize any cookies.
Taking into account the objective complexity linked to the identification of Cookie-based technologies and to their close integration with the functioning of the web, the user is invited to contact the data processor in order to receive any further information concerning the use of the cookies on this website.
Deactivation of the cookies
Through the settings of the navigation browser, the user can autonomously decide to monitor the activities of the cookies (by checking the existing ones at a certain time or setting up a warning sign upon their activation), to deactivate them or to modify the preferences that have already been set up.
For further information about how to modify the browser settings read the pages about assistance that are available on the internet. These are the links concerning the most popular cookies:
If any of the browsers above mentioned are not used, further information can be found by entering the word “Cookies” that is associated to the browser’s name in order to check the procedure and the location of the relevant folder.
The user must be aware that the change or the deactivation of technical cookies may slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site, thus reducing the navigation and hindering some procedures according to the specifications concerning each cookie. The user is the only person responsible for any failure or any possible damage.
People in Charge with Data Processing
Your personal data shall be available for the staff of the Foundation as they are authorized to process them.
If you have given your consent to data processing as for your application as volunteer, your personal data shall be transferred to the external people who collaborate with the Foundation for the organization of activities as well as to public bodies or institutions involved in events.
The Rights of the Data Subject
Pursuant to art. 13 of the EU Regulation 2016/679, the data subject, namely the person providing personal data to be processed, is entitled to request:
- that existing data are updated, modified or, when necessary, integrated;
- that personal data are erased, transformed into anonymous form or blocked if they have been processed in breach of the law or if there is no longer a justification for keeping it;
- that data processing is restricted;
- data portability, that is to say the possibility to receive them in a form that allows to transfer them for processing purposes;
- the evidence that the operations mentioned in paragraphs a) and b) and their contents are known by those to whom data were transferred, except for the case when it is not possible to do it or when the means required to do are not proportionate to the right protected;
- the possibility to withdraw the consent to data processing carried out. The withdrawal of consent will not be effective for the data that have already been processed.
The data subject is entitled to:
- object completely or partially for legitimate reasons to data processing concerning him/her even if they are relevant to the purpose of the data collection;
- object completely or partially to the processing of personal data aimed at sending advertisement or direct sale material or at carrying out market research or commercial communication.
- address the relevant authority to lodge complaint in case of infringement the above-mentioned rights (for further information go to: www.garanteprivacy.it)
Exercise of rights
All requests concerning the exercise of rights by the data subject can be sent to the registered office of the Fondazione Matera Basilicata 2019 Via Madonna delle Virtù, snc, CAP 75100 Matera – by phone, fax, email or mail using the relevant details available on the website www.matera-basilicata2019.it. The reply will be sent as soon as possible, within 30 days after its reception.
Should the provided data refer to a person under the age of 16, the consent to their processing must be given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility who shall give evidence of it.
For each request sent by the data subject a refund for the paid expenses can be asked. The amount of money shall not exceed the costs actually paid and documented. Should the rights described in this policy be infringed, a complaint can be lodged to the relevant Supervising Authority pursuant to art. 77 of the Eu Reg n. 2016/679 and according to his/her usual domicile, to his/her place of work, or to the place where rights were infringed. In Italy the Supervising Authority is the Guarantor of the Protection of Personal Data (all the necessary information are available on the web site: www.garanteprivacy.it).
Update and changes